Thursday, February 24, 2005

more ramblings

1. I was conned into buying lychee flavored ice cream last night. Okay, so maybe conned is the wrong word since i dont think there was any intent to decieve on sellers part. Stopped by with adi at amici on our way to 719 to get gelato. and because im deaf sometimes, what i heard when i asked her for the flavor was "(mumblings) with walnut." And because im stupid sometimes, i didnt bother to ask what it was she mumbled.

It turned out to be lychees.

I hate lychees. It tastes so distinctly..... chinese.

No offence to anyone. I said the same thing to Jem, a chinese friend, in boracay last christmas. She agreed.

3. Do people think me pretentious when i refer to the fx as shuttle. When i told my mom one time that i was taking the shuttle home, she said "shuttle, shuttle, fx lang yan."

eh what if its revo the shuttle? why should fx get branding bragging rights? Is fx the new colgate?

4. i have stopped losing weight. gasp. Have i plateaud or am i building muscles? riya and therese said to stop using the scale as my progress guide. But we live in a world where everything should be backed up by numbers eh. and my inches loss isnt really that impressive yet.

hay....

5. Again, my problem is this; when she was just referred to as the fat one from wilson philips (phillips), everybody thought carnie wilson would be the bomb when she loses the fat. She, in my humble opinion, did not quite live up to the expectation.

Im so afraid to disappoint.

Jenni said that i put way too much pressure on myself. Oo nga naman, nobody really expects me naman to be a bombshell eh.

Except, of course, me. and also my mother by the way who's been parading me around like i was some beauty queen.

The first thing she tells people when we see them is "look naman at my daughter, she lost so much weight o. maite, raise your shirt and show them your waist."

God, my mom can really be cheap sometimes. i love her so.

No comments: