Wednesday, April 27, 2005

ETTI DOES ALEGRE (and i dont mean alona baby)

April 21-24

One of the perks, if not the only one there is actually, of handling one of my accounts is that every year we choose a nice spot somewhere, gather up the media and bring them there for r and r.

This year, we went to cebu. Sogod, cebu. Alegre beach resort, sogod, cebu.

When my client first said that we had to send someone a day before to go around town and make sure that everything was in order, i raised my hand and jumped up and down and said "ME! ME!"

Never mind if the first time i was in Cebu i went straight from the airport to plantation bay. Never mind if the second time i was there i never even left the airport.

In my head, those two times that i touched down in Cebu practically made me a local.

So there i was in the middle of the mactan international airport all alone and lugging around 6 friggin backdrop banners for the event.

And of course, because i am, after all, me, i was not able to make hotel reservations. So i just literally went with the first guy who approached me and invited me to a hotel room.

The hotel room smelled weird. If i were a better writer i'd attempt to describe it but since im not i just hope that you know what im talking about. Anyway, after sleeping for an hour, i made my way to my first site in downtown cebu and then to my second site in mandaue city. And then i went shopping at SM cebu where people just insisted on talking to me in cebuano. geezler.

That night, i met up with an old friend for dinner. Bong is my bisaya great friend who sat next to me in law school. Who, apparently, i forced to admit that i was his best friend two weeks after we met (god i love myself.)

It was really good seeing him again.

When he brought me back to my hotel a little before midnight, i just realized how creepy my room was. It was a big room with dull orange carpet and stained wallpaper. So, just so i didnt have to be alone for a long time, i called for a massage. That cost me 1,000. Fuck.

The next day was sweet reunion with the I.T. press. The last time they saw me was in 2002 when i was 205 lbs. So when they saw me, God! kaya ba nila?!?

Anyway, it was truly one of the most fun work weekends i've had. Although the beach in Bohol was nicer, the fun i had in bohol does not even compare to a fraction of the fun i had in Cebu.

I owe it, of course, to the peeps with me.

Clients who, in fairness, rocked. Fun fun officemates. Media peeps who are really wonderful peeps (two of them i think i'm officially in love with.)

On top of that, there was, of course, despite my limited choices, great food.

And the rooms were just simply absolutely breath-taking!!!

All in all, it was fun times man! fun fucking times!

No comments: