Tuesday, October 18, 2005

heartbreak is a bitch

Listening to him tell his story, I was brought back to a time and a place I would willingly give up my liver for to forget. Fuck it, take my knees na rin.

Fact is, heartbreak is nowhere near world hunger or a nuclear war threat in the hierarchy of things that should keep us up at night. But there it is, the bitch that breaks the strongest, dupes the wisest and spoils the sweetest. The one thing science will never find a cure for. The monster we can never run fast enough from. The pain no amount of alcohol or drugs can drown.

I’ve been there enough times to know that nothing I can say or do will help much. I can make you laugh now until your sides split but tonight all you will remember is that you will wake up tomorrow to another day without her.

So lets skip the pleasantries – I’m sure you’ve heard enough of them already. Let’s talk about what we both already know. This is gonna hurt like a 48-hour labor. And its gonna hurt tonight as much as it did this morning. And it’s gonna hurt as much as soon as you sober up. And its gonna hurt anyways despite the thorough analysis of all the probable whys and hows.

It’s gonna hurt as much until it hurts just a little less. Its gonna hurt until it doesn’t anymore. Fact is, Its not gonna stop until it does. When that’s gonna happen is really up in the air. We can fool ourselves into believing that we can make it stop – but we really cant. We are completely at its mercy and all we can do is hope that it will be better tomorrow. Ika nga, hindi eto madadaan sa determinasyon.

But let me tell you something I’m sure you already know, and please forgive me for borrowing a truth that Hollywood has made a cliché – this too shall pass. Either we forgive or we forget, or if we’re really lucky we do both. Forget the hurt and the anger and bitterness. Forgive them for causing us pain. Forgive ourselves for not trying hard enough or trying too hard.

But until then… like this na muna your heart.

2 comments:

dodo dayao said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dodo dayao said...

There's nothing to forgive.And little I want to forget.

Which somehow makes it a bit worse.

But thanks, anyway.

Your words - - -everybody's words,really - - -go a long way.
:-)