Thursday, August 25, 2005

THE MEN IN MY LIFE

Despite the blatant lack of that ONE man in my life, I have to say that I’ve been pretty blessed with the men that surround me everyday. This was my epiphany last night. So this morning, I would like to celebrate these men who are slowly restoring my faith in the non-scumness of their gender.

My family;

1. My daddy

who, apparently, has been getting computer lessons from my sister and has been building his “papa” folder on itunes on his own. Last Sunday, I checked what my pop had on his playlist. And there, hidden amidst the expected gypsy kings and Santana collection, was the makabagbagdaming

No no no no
Don’t phunk with my heart


Apparently, my daddy is big big fan of this black eyed peas hit.

2. Bobby

Why I don’t watch more of his gigs is a mystery to me. Ahhhh… maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don’t have a car noh?

Anyhoo, he’s really really good. And he sings “Mary had a little lamb” with so much soul it makes me want to erase the kiddie version from the memory of the world.

3. Pats

I’ve always thought that he was the most generous among us cos he always brings home food and stuff for us.

When I got home the other night at 2 in the morning, I found his key to our front door resting in the keyhole of our front door. You know, to make it easier for the thieves to rob us. That’s how generous he is eh.

4. Michael

Who wakes up in the middle of the night to make kumut pats. Who will greet me with the biggest smile on his face everytime I go home. He’s really an angel. And he just turned 24 yesterday.

God I love him so much.

My chums; (in alphabetical order)

1. Adi

If I had to pick a favorite – he would be it. I have to say, his sarcastic funnyness, combined with impeccable, adorable delivery, never fails to bring the house down! Well, mine and tracy’s houses anyway.

I read somewhere one time that you know you’re with a real friend when you can spend a long time with them without saying a word and leave feeling like you’ve just had the best conversation of your life.

Adi is one of the few peeps that make me feel that way.

2. Bachii

For helping me appreciate the beauty in normalcy.
For making me realize that fun times aren’t lost in systems analysts who make the most dependable friends.
And, most importantly,
For introducing curry to my eggs.

I will be perpetually grateful.

3. Drach

Who, I just realized yesterday, I can rely on for serious discussions about life and such at odd times. And who expands my vocabulary through his random usage of big words like verisimilitude and picaresque.

4. Leoy

Who insists on calling me at the busiest of hours to make me listen to songs that he “composed.” Who gives the best mind-blowing lightshows on earth. Who will always be, despite my repeated public denial, my handsomest friend.

5. Niv

Who is probably the most grounded man I know and who has the amazing gift of making it seem that happiness can be so effortlessly achieved.

Miscellaneous;

1. My boss who is my very own dark angel.
2. My assistant who is the newest soul on the block.
3. Ryan E. – hahaahahahahahaahahahahahhahaah! No seriously, ryan e. just for being so fucking gorgeous.

4 comments:

adi said...

awwwww.....

Leoy said...

Are you dying?

COMPULSIVE EATER said...

leoy, ive been dead for quite some time.

Leoy said...

LEHEWWWZER