Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I AM A PAWIKANEER!

For over 200 million years, she’s lived through natural disasters and man's insatiable thirst for accessories, aphrodisiacs and gastronomic delicacies. How narcissistic and ambitious of me to think they need me to keep on surviving.

Take also the following into account;

1. We live in a third world country where more than 90% of our people are hungry.
2. Our forests are balding faster than my boss. And
3. The threat of nuclear war is clear and imminent (been watching too many seasons of 24 haven’t I?)

How presumptuous of us to take on a concern that is so first-world such as turtle care.

But everyone and everything needs a champion. And God knows man has championed less worthy causes like womens right to vote and freedom from slavery (hee hee, just kidding.) Anyway, they’re not naman kasi asking for much. Just for you not to wear her or eat her children. And, of course, for you to tell everyone you know and their sons the same thing. So carry na naman diba?

Anyway, Im wearing the title 'PAWIKANEER' proudly because… well because I came up with it.

Photo opps are, of course, always an added bonus.



3 comments:

adi said...

why are the babies so black? or lightings lang?

Leoy said...

Hey you look thin there ha. But I don't think you were holding that turtle correctly.

Groove is in the Heart said...

Yeah, I agree with Leoy nice solo shot. Although, save the pawikaneers daw eh sakit lang siguro ng upper shell/batok ng turtle sa pagdampot mo sa kanya. Mali ang hawak.

And, the black tiny ones don't really look cute ha.