Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I LOVE DOGS!

Around ten years ago, I told someone (jenni i think) that I would be happier if I gave birth to a litter of boxer pups than human babies. If that had happened, I wouldn't have been freaked out. Wouldnt have complained or anything. I would have just assumed that God loved me enough to give me that extra bucket of happiness that only dogs can give.




I recently read an article about a new hybrid of a pug (love pugs) and a beagle (LOVE beagles) christened PUGGLE.

God how cute noh.






When I told my brother bob about it, he told me about this other hybrid of a labrador and a poodle christened LABRADOODLE.




Slight mixed emotions ako dito. I need to meet an actual labradoodle first before i can have a solid opinion of them cos baka lang hindi sila photogenic.


And then, home came pats with his story of a dog with narcolepsy. Narcoleptic dogs - wow. Never have I felt so sad and laughed so hard at the same time. Well, at least, laughed so hard since guy goma.


rusty the dachshundand for the more heart-breaking
skeeter the poodle

And yesterday, I had lunch with riya, therese and jali when in came this bit of trivia (thanks to pretty jali) that the basenji does not bark.

Well color me purple and call me bruce (ha?!? - basta rumide ka nalang) but momma, if a dawg don't bark, would ya still call 'em dawgs?

Ay ewan. Hemingway, eto sya.

Basenji



They don't bark. They growl, they yoddle, and they crow but no barking. ha?!? since all the dog im exposed to right now is the very barky slugger - this is really amazing.

I love these creatures!!!!!!!!

Okay God, you know that thing i said to jenni and repeated again in this blog, feel free to take me up on that.

***

In a related matter (related to promise), my good friend from law school proposed to his girlfriend last christmas.

Here's how he did it.

Christmas eve, he gave her a stuffed toy na dog.

New years eve or day or sometime thereafter, he gave her a ring with this pablo-neruda-must-be-kicking-himself-in-the-head-for-not-coming-up-with-it-himself-proposal.

are you ready for it?

here goes.

"last christmas, i gave you man's best friend. Tonight, I will give you a girl's best friend."

Naiyak yung girl. meron akong feeling na not because of love.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How cute the puggle! I think it's the new "it" dog now since Paris Hilton got one to replace that rinkydink Tinkerbell (sorry, I really don't like Chihuahuas). If I was capable of taking good care of living things (myself included) I'd want a Cavalier King Charles. Pero wala na akong ilusyon in these matters since my Chinese bamboo is still downstairs being cared for by the maintenance guys. But hey, by some cosmic mistake, if you ever do give birth to a litter of boxers (may pagka-eeeuw pero sige na lang), will I be godmother to all of them?

COMPULSIVE EATER said...

ay... baka hindi. mamumulubi ka pag pasko. It's for your own good sweetie.