Thursday, December 06, 2007

Hi. Just wanted to say a few things about...

Mafia Politics

A certain political leader of a major city in Mindanao made public a list that contained several names of known criminals in his territory. He gave them 15 days to get out of his town or else... All of them left. One came back. He was shot dead the day he did.

This city is known to be the most progressive and peaceful in the area.

I don’t know what surprises me more – that he did what he did or that it works.


The future of my country

The only thing that’s worse than me saying that the future of this country looks dismal is me knowing that I’m an optimist. That that’s the glass half full perspective because some say this country has no future at all.

Lotto mentality

Winning the lotto should never be plan A.

And Wowowee sure as hell isn’t plan B.


Heroes

I grew up to stories of real men and women who walked to school in worn-out slippers and tattered shirts to give themselves an education and who now run successful businesses and live in mansions.

Will our children have the same stories to tell their children?

We need more heroes.

3 comments:

dr_clairebear said...

hello! i'm new to the blogsphere, and i found your blog on one of the many blogs i've been browsing to get acquainted with blogging.

i admire your writing and your honesty.

i agree with this last post completely. our landscape is completely devoid of heroes. it would be encouraging to have one to look up to, even if he had feet made of clay up to his thighs.

i'm curious -- where did you stay for so long in boracay? i'm reaching the end of an era for me, and i'm thinking of getting away (as a form of going up a mountain) and trying to get a birds' eye view of my life so i can get my bearings where to go next.

i was hoping to find somewhere to stay that won't make me financially destitute.

a fellow compulsive eater to another,
claire

http://midofnowhere.blogspot.com

COMPULSIVE EATER said...

Hi claire,

Thank you for your comment.

There are plenty of cheap rooms in boracay you can rent on a monthly basis if you know where to look and if you're not picky :) You can find rooms from 4k to 20k a month depending on what you're willing to live with or without :) You can ask around Angol and Bolabog. Locals are very friendly and would be more than willing to help you and point you to the right direction.

I hope things work out well for you claire.

If you want specifics, leave your email address here so I can email you.

dr_clairebear said...

please do! you may reach me at dr.clairebear@gmail.com

thank you!