Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The high cost of grabbing life by the balls

It doesn’t come cheap this living business. There are so many things I want to do but migeads, its adding up. I have given up a laptop na nga eh and its still gonna be masikip like my pants. Sana Oprah finds out about me and grants me three wishes. Anyway, to put it on record, these are the things I plan to do this year for myself;

For the body:
1.Box – at least twice a week, no exceptions
2.Yoga – at least twice a month, no exceptions
3.Dance – at least once a month, no exceptions
4.Hike – 1 mountain lang, okay na yon
5.Take better care of skin so derma and facials and face creams - regularly
6.Be more vigilant about hair removal (so waxing and IPL) – as needed
7.Shop more. Much more.

For the mind:
1.Enroll in a workshop and/or short course.
2.Take a foreign language class – I want Italian but its soooo mahel so maybe Spanish nalang. Hay. How obvious.
3.Read more, stalk less.
4.Improve my career skills and take the career seriously
4.Also yoga – see above


For the soul:
1.Travel - domestic or international, I don’t care talaga as long as its someplace else
2.Enjoy more art in various forms - visit more museums, watch more plays, listen to more music, yadeedee, yadeeda.
3.Take long drives alone as often as possible
4.Meet new people, make new friends – I don’t know how to go about this really.
5.Learn to love myself - Yuck. Well at least this one comes free. Although kailangan maresolve ang issues of the body which entails expenses so fuck)
6.Also yoga – see above

Finally, I don’t want this year to be all about me. I want to affect the world. I want to make that worn out clichĂ©-ic difference. Miski pa onti-onti muna. Kasi naman sa totoo lang, I’m not yet ready for all-out, paheram-ng-belo-mother-theresa altruism and since hindi ko rin kayang mag I-will-fund-a-foundation philanthropy, these will be my baby steps to making a difference;

1.Make one stranger smile - daily
2.Spend, at least, one afternoon a month in a depressed community and do my best to not make them so depressed. Hee hee.
3.Find one person running for office that I truly believe in, pwedeng kahit ano miski barangay tanod, basta someone I really believe in and volunteer to help with his/her campaign.

Yun na muna. Hee.

2 comments:

fran said...

hi maite, im taking yoga classes since last june. san ka mag yoga? =)

COMPULSIVE EATER said...

hey fran =) i'll be taking it at pulse yoga.