Tuesday, July 11, 2006

DOODLES

I love to doodle. For people with A.D.D. like myself, doodling can be your new best friend. Especially when you're in a meeting and you want to look like you care even if really you're back in boracay laughing at the chums who are pretending to be waiting for the bus. And as you stifle a chuckle at that memory, you look down and scribble something, anything, then you look back up and say "uh huh" or "of course" and you're nothing but a dedicated a.e. again.

My alone time with doodling is every tuesday morning where I lock myself in a small room and attend a conference call. I'm not a big fan of conference calls. Meeting with other people scattered around the region via a boomerang shaped teleconferencing device is just about as futile as masturbation. I mean sure we could use the practice, and sure it can be fun, but the only audience you're really trying to please is yourself. And the rest of the peeps on the call are busy playing with themselves also that they dont really pay attention. I know i dont.

But no, I dont masturbate to pass the time during these calls. Our conference room opens to the office of the chairman so i try not to touch myself while in there. I doodle.

Doodling is really a zen exercise ha. You just clear your head of things and trust your hand to create something wonderful. And you allow yourself to be surprised nalang at the masterpiece that awaits you when you snap out of the trance.

My favorite objects of doodling are eyes, flowers, and (for some reason)swastikas.

I also like scribbling down words, or names, or just letters. Of course ETS is a favorite.

This morning, our conference call took longer than usual. So i had more time to doodle. When it was over, I realized that I had written one name over and over in different fonts and sizes.

AIDA.

how strange. I dont even know an aida.

No comments: