Thursday, July 06, 2006

INGRID! and CISV

I already heard a lot about her before I even knew what she looked like. Riya constantly talked about her and their adventures in India. So when riya told me that Ingrid was going to be the leader of the norwegian delegation again when it was my turn to go, I knew it was going to be a great camp.

Jenny (the british leader) and I took our day off with Ingrid. And since she's been there before, she knew exactly where to take us. She brought us to this wonderful place where they sold traditional indian shoes. She took us around downtown lucknow in search of various pasalubongs and stuff. She took us to this pub where these two old and drunk indian men tried to chat us up (and while we said yes to free drinks, we said no to everything else.) She took us to Aryan restaurant which, without question, gave me my best taste of indian food yet.

Ingrid can sing tong tong tong tong pakitong kitong off the top of her head, not one syllable mispronounced. She insisted that my kids call her tita. She had the most infectious laugh and gave the tightest hugs. She was mortified of mice and cried several times in camp when this one little one we called pinky ocassionally dropped by quite nonchalantly in the middle of our meetings.

She rode the camel with me and we both screamed like little girls when the poor animal stood up to take us around the football field.

She also has the most beautiful skin I have ever seen.

Her delegation was the first to leave camp. On her last night, I went with her to say good night to the kids and watched her sing norwegian lullabies until they all cried themselves to sleep.

She's just really an all-around amazing person.

And she's coming to the Philippines in December.

Woooo Hoooooo!!!!! I'm so excited.


me and ingrid. woooo hoooo!!!!!











****

anyway, all this talk about ingrid has suddenly made me miss camp.

Every night, we would all gather around the lullaby room and well sing lullabies. (Hoy joel stop rolling your eyes!!!) Anyway, we dont sing naman twinkle twinkle noh, we sing nice songs naman. Favorites were yesterday, leaving on a jet plane, and for some reason, Hotel California.

This song was one of my favorites :-), I will sing it now.


TIME OF YOUR LIFE


Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.

Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.



So make the best of this test
and don't ask why.

It's not a question
but a lesson learned in time.




It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.




So take the photographs
and still frames in your mind.

Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time.




Tattoos of memories
and dead skin on trial.

For what it's worth,
it was worth all the while.



It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.




It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.


It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

No songs about cowboys (nudge nudge wink giggle)?

Leoy said...

Dude. Baro't saya? NOT for you.

A said...

Hey I want to meet Ingrid ha mams.

COMPULSIVE EATER said...

jen, lets bring back regular coke in your life.

leoy, i think i made it look good.

mams, of course. then lets go and visit her in norway.