Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Taken from chockwit's blog- WHAT BE THE STORY OF...

your name
Before I was Maite, I was called tetchie (lord!). When my parents realized that my hips will never allow me to live up to the promise set by ms. Agbayani ‘pinaka magandang hayop sa balat ng lupa,’ it was immediately changed to the cuter, more adorable “maite”
The name has since evolved into several spin-offs; Ets, Etlers, Ettie, and the less popular Ettiloo.

your parents
Beauty and the Beast. Okay fine, my dad was probably hot in his day. He was the local bully and she was the no-nonsense smarty pants of the biggest mestiza-producing family in Isabela. He built a wall around her before she even reached puberty and no one, NO ONE, was allowed within 42 million miles of it.
So since she thought he was all the man the world had to offer, she took him.


your last birthday
Quiet and simple.

your first love
Oh god. Gross. But fine. Niv. He was my best friend in sophomore year in CSA. Could talk to him for hours and hours and he made me laugh everyday of the week and twice on Sundays for 6 years. Well, for, at least 5 of the 6 years.


your room
I just recently had my very own room (pathetic.) It used to be my mom’s office so the wall paper and the blinds are very mommy. But I love it. It has a bay window that overlooks the garden. But since I’m a wimpy schwimpy, the blinds are closed most of the time.
A big-ass german flag hangs on the wall (a gift from Tom from camp) for no good reason.

last Christmas
I don’t remember. But I think I just spent it with the family at home. And maybe I went out after with friends. But I really don’t remember.


your last valentines
Oh…. I don’t remember.

your current clothes
I’m in all white despite the weather. So I wont be surprised if someone mistakes me for a fridge and puts vegetables under my pants.


the 1st time you saw your crush
Patrick Dempsey. Grey’s Anatomy.


you and your best friend
I saw her pass her suicidal phase and she saw me pass my pathetic cry-me-a-river stage.
She buys everything I sell plus one because that’s how she is.
We used to be hermits. I hung out at her house everyday for two years and that was all the outside world I needed. One time, we were just watching tv at her flat when the doorbell rang, we literally froze and thought “But I’m here and you’re here so who the hell could that be?!?”
It was manang josie from downstairs who needed something or other.


the last place you went to
Uhhh…. The banyo. Okay naman sya, malinis na rin compared to the banyo sa SM malls.

the last time you cried
Babaw tears? – caught the ending of spanglish and cried at the mother-daughter dialogue. “Will you do anything to make sure that you don’t end up anything like me?” (I paraphrase) God! Kinaya ba yon ni ets?

your greatest achievement so far
Wala ata eh.


last movie you watched
Beauty and the Beast special edition last night on DVD. I love gaston.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'd like to think our lives have gotten so much better since then, but sometimes I feel like the story has looped back around and I'm just a weirder, more wrinkled, and significantly poorer 24. Oh, and I'm a hermit again. Goddam fence-sitter... ah well, more fodder for the blog.

COMPULSIVE EATER said...

Hi ellison, I'm not really as active as i want to be these days. Work is keeping me away. But CISV is doing great, at least my chapter is.

We just hosted a village here in the Philippines. I hear it went very well. It just ended last sunday. We also sent out 7 more delegations to other villages. The most our chapter has sent out ever. They're coming back anytime soon.

If you want to know more about cisv, please feel free to shoot me an email - maitealvarez@yahoo.com

thanks for dropping a line.