Wednesday, August 11, 2004

A spotless mind

4 days ago, on our way back from tagaytay, I was telling joel how I felt I wasted a good two years of my life with the asshole and that I want those two years of my life back. In my head, there were so many things I could have done in those two years instead of building a future I evidently would never have.

A very subdued jim carrey knocked some sense into me last night.

Am I really ready to erase all traces of the bad knowing that it will likewise erase all memories of the good?

The last scene, where carrey was ‘okay’ to fall in love again despite knowing how it will eventually end up, that was an absolutely beautiful moment. A great testimony to the stubbornness of the human heart and mans faith in love, hopeless as the situation seems.

Stupidity and bravery - We need both to trust and to love and to live.

Good film.

No comments: