Monday, July 12, 2004

The 4 of us…

Its almost silly how the simplest things can bring me the most profound joy. I’m gifted that way. Forget talent or skill, God looked at me and decided to give me more reasons to smile, if only to show the world how absolutely breathtaking my smile is.

Like the yosi break I had with vince kanina.

The fact that we don’t have that everyday anymore makes every puff even more, well, worth puffing.

Together, vince and I make up the better half (ey vince?) of a notorious quartet known, and consistently memo-ed, for our propensity to take our breaks rather excessively. Well, that and other attitude problems. I maintain though, for the record, that a two-hour coffee break is hardly excessive. This is not a shot of tequila people, you don’t just lick, shoot and suck. You sit down and stir and have a good conversation.

We were a good mix, the four of us. There’s the turbaned one, the long-haired one, the haute-coutured one, and this adorable chick with a broken heart and a fabulous smile.

Well, only a quarter remains of this quartet. Three have left in search of a less oppressive life. Good for them. I hope they all find it.

But, for my sanitys sake, sana they visit naman more often. Even if its just for one cigarette.

No comments: