Thursday, July 08, 2004

apparently....

... white-water rafting is not a ride. you dont just ride the raft, buckle-up, wag your arms in the air and wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! your lungs out.

evidently, it can be dangerous or even, gasp, deadly!

damn it!!! there's my pothole on the road to tuguegarao.

was reading up on some of the information on the net on white-water rafting in cagayan valley, particularly in chico river, where the rapids in some parts are classified as level 5 rafting. im not really sure what that means but 5 is a pretty high number if you're not even a zero(shivers.)

was on the brink of backing out. i maybe a piscean but water is definitely not my element. Im what you call a psychological swimmer. I technically know how to swim, except i cant when i know that my feet cant reach the ground anymore.

Plus, it is gonna cost me some. actually a lot. and lord knows i have no business spending money i barely have.

so it seems like all signs are pointing to "NO! are you out of your mind?!?" right?

but here is the but.

Mamu (oh ye wise one) told me in December of 03 to, instead of making a list, just think of a word that should be your, uhm, battlecry for the new year. the neon sign that should guide you in most of the decisions you make for the year.

Mine is ADVENTURE.

so i suppose thats that.

And besides, whats the alternative if i dont go? same old same old right?

enough with the old. herald in the new. push my limits. live a little. and whatever other go!-go! cliche' is out there.

Im going. Yeah, i think im definitely going.

Please God don't let me die or lose any of my teeth. please please.




No comments: