Thursday, July 01, 2004

dawn

It’s my favorite time.
Those last 15 minutes before the sun wakes the new day.
You see it if you look closely.
I do.
The night struggling to keep dominion over the skies.
Losing... but trying, fighting
until light finally, quietly takes over.
Such power and grace,
pride and peace all at once.
Its my God’s masterpiece.
His genius at its best.

And I haven’t seen one in 4 and a half years.

The last time I saw the sunrise was December 31, 1999. The last dawn before the millennium. Sitting at our garden with a journal in one hand and a pen in the other, I watched in awe, in fear, in sadness, in complete and sublime happiness. Such beauty… I’m not worthy. No one is.

Only one other thing can affect me that way. And I haven’t done that too in a long time.

Maybe tomorrow I’ll watch the sunrise again.

Maybe someday I’ll fall in love again.

1 comment:

Leoy said...

yawn.