Thursday, July 29, 2004

Amore

 
i think it was in january of this year when i had that conversation with therese.  we were talking about how, at this age, people have probably already met the love of their lives and, in all likelihood, i will only be someone somebody just settles for.  its not a part im looking forward to take but a part i know il take anyway cos i'm yet too scared to make solitary an option.

she asked me what it was i wanted really.  i thought long and hard before i gave an answer.

"i want to be someone's answered prayer."

that would be nice, wouldn't it?  for someone to thank God every night cos he's sleeping next to you.  i realized right after i said it of course, how more screenplay-ish it sounded than realistic.  makes me wish that i were in a romantic movie instead.

anyways, my top 10 movie quotable love quotes;

1.  As good as it gets, Jack Nicholson -  I might be the only person on the face of the earth that knows you're the greatest woman on earth. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do and in every single thought that you have, and how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean something that's all about being straight and good. I think most people miss that about you, and I watch them, wondering how they can watch you bring their food, and clear their tables and never get that they just met the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it makes me feel good, about me.

2.  He said, she said, Kevin Bacon - I dont want to be with anyone else but you and i dont want you to be with anyone else but me.

3.  When a man loves a woman, Andy Garcia - when my wife hurts, i want to say "hi, are you okay?  is there something i can do."  so fuck me.

4.  Say anything, John Cusack (to the dad) - What I really want to do with my life - what I want to do for a living - is I want to be with your daughter. I'm good at it.

5.  City of angels, Meg Ryan - When they ask me what I liked best, I'll say it was you.

6.  When harry met sally, Billy Crystal - I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

7.  A beautiful mind, Russell Crowe - I'm mortified, petrified, stupefied by you.

8.  Sleepless in seattle, Tom Hanks - it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were suppose to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic.

9.  The princess bride, Cary Elwes - As you wish

9.  Chasing amy, Ben Affleck- I love you. And not in a friendly way, although I think we're great friends. And not in a misplaced affection, puppy-dog way, although I'm sure that's what you'll call it. And it's not because you're unattainable. I love you. Very simple, very truly. You're the epitome of every attribute and quality I've ever looked for in another person. I know you think of me as just a friend, and crossing that line is the furthest thing from an option you'd ever consider. But I had to say it. I can't take this anymore. I can't stand next to you without wanting to hold you. I can't look into your eyes without feeling that longing you only read about in trashy romance novels. I can't talk to you without wanting to express my love for everything you are. I know this will probably queer our friendship -no pun intended- but I had to say it, because I've never felt this before, and I like who I am because of it. And if bringing it to light means we can't hang out anymore, then that hurts me. But I could'nt allow another day to go by without getting it out there, regardless of the outcome, which by the look on your face is to be the inevitable shoot-down. And I'll accept that. But I know some part of you is hesitating for a moment, and if there is a moment of hesitiation, that means you feel something too. All I ask is that you not dismiss that -at least for ten seconds- and try to dwell in it. there is'nt another soul on this fucking planet who's ever made me half the person I am when I'm with you, and I would risk this friendship for the chance to take it to the next plateau. Because it's there between you and me. you can't deny that. And even if we never speak again after tonight, please know that I'm forever changed because of who you are and what you've meant to me, which -while I do appreciate it- I'd never need a painting of birds bought at a diner to remind me of.

4 comments:

A said...

Ets, you are, to my think, the cheeriest bear on the block. And I know quite a few cheery bears, ha.

Your blogs are quite a different matter. Natatalo mo na ko sa kalungkutan, mamu!

COMPULSIVE EATER said...

im bipolar mamu. i can travel from one extreme to the next in a heartbeat.

graspingtoes said...

ets are you love-crazy huh?

and are you really to your think, bipolar?

COMPULSIVE EATER said...

no. i just say that to be popular. although, as a piscean, i automatically have two people inside me. cant you tell from my hips :)?