Thursday, September 02, 2004

what's in a name?

after a presentation today, the client, whom i just met, asked me if i was the youngest in the family. i said no. and she said, "oh, i assumed you are cos maite, which is also the name of my youngest sister, means my little one and is commonly a name given to the youngest in the family."

hmmmm.... interesting.

anyway,

i am not easily awed. i am seldom blown away. my friendship, i give out unselfishly. but respect, been quite stingy with it.

today though, and this woman - the client i referred to above, is an exception.

she spoke and people listened. she would pause and people waited, with held breaths, for her opinion.

best of all, she had no idea that she is how she is.

makes me wish i met her when i was a child just so i can point to her and say "when i grow up, i want to be just like her."

No comments: